Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs

Thanks to John Kricfalusi, the ASIFA Archive owns the best print of Bob Clampett's masterpiece "Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs" I've ever seen. To see how wonderful it is, take a look at these pictures, comparing the ASIFA print to one of the few currently in circulation:










And remember, if you want to save your favorite cartoons, be sure to support ASIFA!
http://www.animationarchive.org/2005/10/filmography-coal-black-and-de-sebben.html

7 Comments:

Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Just look at the many details which cannot be seen in the old print !

I own a better print than the one used by mmm...donuts for the comparison but is nothing compared to the marvellous print provided by John K .

I dream of the day when this classic will be released on dvd !

6:37 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The copy I have is even worse than the old version you posted...I am so looking forward to this being restored and released. Has anyone contacted John K to see if he could release a copy on the trading circuit? ;)

Anyway, let's cross our fingers and toes for GC Vol. 4.

3:41 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Dear Jeff,

The cartoon cannot be posted online due to the fact that he is not in the Public domain so it would be illegal . Neither John K or Steve Worth would ever do such a thing . I also suppose that they will not trade it for other cartoons .
I think the only way to have such a copy of the cartoon is to wait a possible future release in the LTGC dvd sets but , frankly , I think that they will release this kind of banned material in the last sets , so we'll have to wait something like ten years or more. Of course , that is only my opinion.

6:29 pm

 
Blogger Stephen Worth said...

Come by the ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive on a Tuesday or Thursday during our office hours, and you can watch Coal Black as many times as you want... along with equally good prints of TIn Pan Alley Cats, Green Pastures, Hitttin' The Trail For Hallelujah Land and many other rare cartoons.

1:27 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

I'd love to , but I live in italy , Mr. Worth !

That's why I hope that an online archive will soon be available!

7:15 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Please Mr. Worth , post some pics of the other " Censored Eleven " shorts that you got in superior quality , like " Tin Pan Alley " or " Clean Pastures " . That would be great !

9:09 am

 
Blogger Jeff Schiller said...

And I live in Chicago... I go to L.A. maybe once every few years...

8:22 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter