Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tish-Tash Moment : " The Tangled Anger"

This new section is devoted to some unsung works of one of my all-time favorite directors, the inimitable Frank Tashlin.
Here you have some highlights from " The Tangled Anger" , a Columbia/ Screen Gems short made in 1941, featuring the vocal talents of Pinto " Goofy" Colvig as the short-lived character Pete Pelican, and Harry E. Lang as the smarty fish.
In my opinion, this short is one of the finest cartoons of the 40s. The timing as well as the gags are very good if not perfect. It is a brilliant mixture between the style used in Disney cartoons and the one developed in WB Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies.
And Pinto Colvig and Harry E. Lang are at their best!





































































Yours Truly,

Duck Dodgers

Blog Founder and Administrator

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for people who don't know, Pinto Convig was better known as the voice of Goofy. Good stills by the way.

12:21 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for posting those frame grabs! I found your blog by following the name link on John K's comments page. You've done a great job here and I'll tell everybody I know about it.

-Eddie Fitzgerald

1:52 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Thanks, Eddie !

I want more and more people to know about this blog!

Tell about it to EVERYBODY !!!

3:49 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job!!I really appeciate Tashlin cartoons,and also Tashlin Jerry Lewis Features,I'd like to see the sequence from "Stupid Cupid" where Daffy is "facing" cupid Elmer,I think the animator is I.Ellis,great expressions!!!

Hans Grotz(aka Prof.Dingle Dong,aka Lucas Libanio)

1:17 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter