Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Flippity Pie?

Yesterday Thad posted this Fox and Crow story from Real Screen Comics 9. It's basically the same plot of "A Pest in the House", one of the best shorts directed by Jones.
What is unbelievable is that the same issue features a Flippity and Flop story that has more than a thing in common with another animated short, a certain AAW cartoon starring another cat and another canary.
So we can come to the safe conclusion that Maltese, the link between the Freleng short and this comic story, was responsible for two of the best gags in "Tweetie Pie".









See Youse,

Andrea

3 Comments:

Blogger Thad said...

Hi Andrea-
The artist of that story is not Bob Wickersham. I'm uncertain of a positive ID myself but I am of the opinion that it's most likely Paul Sommer.

10:14 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Thanks Thad.
I was told it could have been Wickersham but I had a few doubts myself.

10:30 am

 
Blogger Martin Juneau said...

Great comic with Flippity and Flop. The guys from Real Screen Comics did some of the most lovable comics from the original cartoons characters at my opinion.

8:09 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter