Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Thursday, November 03, 2011

The Essential reason to buy "The Essential Daffy Duck"


A few hours ago I got my copy of “The Essential Daffy Duck”.
I bought it and it was a bet. I was curious if WB would have done it. You know, the people at WB are able of anything. I was scared to find myself with a set full of cartoons I already own plus a computer colorized copy of a classic short I’ve always loved.
Luckily, as you can see, they did it right.


The cartoon appears to be restored in its black and white uncut glory.





As far as I know they tried to restore it for one of the LTGCs but the short required a lot of additional work to be properly restored. And the magnificent results can be seen watching these screenshots.
Highly recommended to “cwazy” animation aficionados that waited years to have this, restored, on DVD.











Best regards,
A crazy darnfool GACer





13 Comments:

Anonymous Nic Kramer said...

I'm very surprised that they went to the trouble of restoring this since it's not on the new Blu-Ray set. I'll think about getting this set.

2:13 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Seems as the day of the collectors are gone for now.
The new documentary made for "The Essential Daffy Duck" is disgusting, made for children.
It is made of clips from cartoon, describing Daffy's life from childhood (!!) to stardom. How sad!

7:55 am

 
Blogger Michael J. Hayde said...

"Porky's Duck Hunt" in B&W turned up on one of the WB Cartoon 50th Anniversary VHS tapes back in the mid-80's. The transfer looked sharp but had been sped up... and contained the wrong opening title music. I'm curious to know if the same transfer was used on the new DVD, or if it is truly restored to original theatrical condition.

3:26 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Michael, everything is correct in the cartoon!

8:45 pm

 
Anonymous Best Cartoon Characters said...

"Hi,
This is a very interesting new infotainment made for “The Essential Daffy Duck”. It is made from a clip of cartoon characters, it describing the life of Daffy duck, I am just thinking about to getting this set.
"

6:39 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great web site brings memories back thanks!!
SrbijaOglasi

11:43 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this site is back, what

11:09 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any definitive list of what's in the LTGC volumes and volumes like this one? Like where there's duplicates, etc., so that one could buy the minimal set in order to get everything that's been released?

(MY preference would have been to issue the Looney Tunes cartoons in chronological order, all of them, no exceptions, as released. But then, I'm odd. And I wouldn't have wanted to miss any...)

7:21 pm

 
Anonymous Japanese Cartoons said...

Oh wow! You don’t know what you have posted here it has awakened me. Really I mean these all were my fav. Cartoons and I love to watch them but now due to busy schedule. It is hard to make out time for them.

12:10 pm

 
Anonymous Entertainment said...

Vintage Age. I remembered when I used to watch it. Thanks for the posts.

2:53 pm

 
Blogger Jason Lethcoe said...

Great site, and a great post! Thanks!

5:59 pm

 
Anonymous Brad said...

These guys were part of my inspiration for getting into voice over work. I remember as a kid sitting in front of the TV on Saturday morning cartoons, and imitating their voices...the classics are my favorite -- great job!

5:58 pm

 
Anonymous jokesfb said...

Very funny cartoons at here , Ilove to come again at here
Thanks A lot

4:44 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter